A Student Guide to Logins for Microsoft and Google
At Blessed William Howard Catholic High School we encourage our students to develop independent study skills in order to consolidate learning and support progression. Opportunities are given in normal lessons for independent work and study but it is only outside the classroom that students can acquire the discipline of working on their own. Learning at home is an essential part of good education and the involvement of parents and carers in homework and home learning is encouraged.
Home learning: Aims
• To stretch and challenge all students
• To improve students attitude to learning outside of school hours
• To develop students skills in lifelong learning
• To allow students to become more responsible for their own learning
• To prepare students for GCSE controlled assessment and study in key stages 4 and 5
What is home learning?
Home learning is out of school hours learning. The tasks are introduced in lesson time and staff provide ‘stepping stone’ guidance to help students complete all tasks set. The tasks and their deadlines will be available on Show My Homework and can be accessed by parents, students and staff using this platform.