Attendance & Punctuality
The school day timings are outlined below:
|8.40am – 8.50am||Tutor Time|
|8.50am – 10am||Period 1|
|10am – 11am||Period 2|
|11am – 11.20am||Break Time|
|11.20am – 12.20pm||Period 3|
|12.20pm – 1.20pm||Period 4|
|1.20pm – 2.15pm||Lunch Break|
|2.15pm – 3.15pm||Period 5|
Why is attendance at school and punctuality important?
Because every second counts.
- Arriving 5 minutes late every day adds up to over 3 days lost each year
- Arriving 15 minutes late every day is the same as being absent for 2 weeks a year
- Arriving 30 minutes late every day is the same as being absent for 19 days a year
- 17 days missed from school each year equates to a whole GCSE grade.
- Attendance affects learning, future earning, well being and a sense of belonging.
90% attendance may sound good. However, this is the equivalent of missing a half day of schooling EACH WEEK. If this continues over the five years a child spends at high school, a child with 90% attendance will miss HALF A YEAR’S schooling.
A child with 80% attendance will lose A FULL YEAR of schooling over the same period.