Attendance & Punctuality
To report your child absent please contact the main school reception - 01785 244236.
The school day timings are outlined below: We expect all students to be on-site and ready to enter the school building for 8.35am each day. Any student arriving after 8.35am will be classified as late and will receive a same day, after school detention for 20 minutes in line with school policy.
Years 7 - 11
School Day timings
8.40am – 8.55am Tutor time
8.55am -10.00am - Period 1
10.00am – 11.05am – Period 2
11.05am -11.25am – Break
11.25am – 12.30pm – Period 3
12.30pm - 1.15pm - Lunch
1.15pm – 2.20pm – Period 4
2.20pm – 3.20pm - Period 5
3.20pm - End of day
|8:40am – 9.00am||Tutor Time|
|9:00am – 10:00am||Period 1|
|10:00am – 11:00am||Period 2|
|11:00am – 11:15am||Break Time|
|11:20am – 12:20pm||Period 3|
|12:20pm – 1:20pm||Period 4|
|1:20pm – 2:15pm||Lunch Break|
|2:15pm – 3:15pm||Period 5|
Why is attendance at school and punctuality important?
Because every second counts.
- Arriving 5 minutes late every day adds up to over 3 days lost each year
- Arriving 15 minutes late every day is the same as being absent for 2 weeks a year
- Arriving 30 minutes late every day is the same as being absent for 19 days a year
- 17 days missed from school each year equates to a whole GCSE grade.
- Attendance affects learning, future earning, well being and a sense of belonging.
90% attendance may sound good. However, this is the equivalent of missing a half day of schooling EACH WEEK. If this continues over the five years a child spends at high school, a child with 90% attendance will miss HALF A YEAR’S schooling.
A child with 80% attendance will lose A FULL YEAR of schooling over the same period.
Term time holidays